The Manitoba Maple Leafs are a Non Profit Organization committed to the long term growth and development of female Hockey Players aspiring to play CIS, NCAA hockey at the international levels. We seek to partner with business, other organizations, and the community to maximize the success of our athletes, coaches, and administrative staff.
The Manitoba Maple Leafs organization focuses on female hockey players. We believe in the development of female athletes from the grass roots level who have the desire to excel in sports. Our organization consists of on-ice as well as off-ice training programs that can help female hockey players of any age, from any level, achieve success. We Recognize that there are a limited number of options for female hockey players in the province of Manitoba and seek to fill that void by providing a guided, ethical and stimulating environment where athletes can develop into the players they wish to become.
About the Organization
The Manitoba Maple Leafs teams are made up of both Métis and non-Métis. The Manitoba Maple Leafs are in partnership with the Winnipeg Métis Federation and other MMF regions to provide female hockey players from all ethnic back grounds the opportunity to play at the highest competitive level possible. Through the Manitoba Maple Leafs, these girls will reap the many benefits from the team atmosphere such as confidence, friendship, loyalty, maturity and positive social skills.
The Manitoba Maple Leafs promotes a balanced lifestyle for all its athletes, where introduction to university is a high priority. The Manitoba Maple Leafs will assist in the transition from high school to university where the athletes will be encouraged to continually compete at the university level.
The vested interest in the Manitoba Maple Leafs is to have these local players return upon graduating from university to participate in the MML Senior Women’s National Level Program. The MML Senior Women’s team will be playing against various NCAA division I teams as well as Western Women’s Hockey teams starting this season.
This organization is a great opportunity for young female hockey players in the province of Manitoba to stay, compete and train in their home province. This will provide many unique opportunities and assist each individual player with the experience and skills they need to be successful in life.
The MML is always open to new sponsorships, volunteers, ideas, and people that want to help promote elite female hockey in the province of Manitoba.
Manitoba Maple Leafs believes and follows the beliefs and philosophies of Hockey Canada which are:
“Lead, Develop, and Promote Positive Hockey Experiences.”
Hockey Canada believes…
• In a positive hockey experience for all participants, in a safe, sportsmanlike environment.
• In the development of life skills which will benefit participants throughout their lives.
• In the values of fair play and sportsmanship, including the development of respect for all people by all participants.
• In hockey opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status and in both official languages.
• In the importance for participants to develop dignity and self- esteem.
• To instill the values of honesty and integrity in participants at all times.
• In the promotion of teamwork, and the belief that what groups and society can achieve as a whole is greater than that which can be achieved by individuals.
• In the country of Canada, its tradition in the game of hockey, and the proud and successful representation of this tradition around the world.
• In the value of hard work, determination, the pursuit of excellence and success in all activities.
• In the benefits of personal and physical well- being.